Planet Earth Games has launched a crowdfunding campaign to support a new online platform to inspire 10,000s more people towards active, sustainable lifestyles. And we are looking for contributions of any size to provide an even better Planet Earth Games experience through an innovative new website. Which, in turn, will help engage more people in activities to support their own wellbeing and play an active role in environmental sustainability.
Planned features include:
- COMMUNITY HUB – an area to encourage participant interaction, sharing best sustainable tips, creating a sense of community and enabling them to motivate and inspire one another whilst also encouraging continuous feedback to stimulate improvements in the games.
- EVENT SIGN UP through an improved, simplified process, improving engagement.
- Individual, community, team and school PROFILE PAGES, enabling participants to easily become part of the Planet Earth Games community.
- PERSONALISED EXPERIENCE, allowing users to host their own Planet Games challenges for friends, families, networks and earn points and badges.
- LEADERBOARDS, both an overall leaderboard and custom leaderboards, allowing schools, community groups and teams to create their own, inspiring competition.
- CHALLENGE SHOWCASING through a calendar of events, the ability to filter by type of challenge so participants can take part in challenges that suit their interest and flexibility to create their own challenges for the PEG community, family, community groups and schools).
Through the month-long events we delivered during the pandemic, we reached over 1.5 million people over social media and engaged over 2000 people in the challenges. The impact of these events on participants was significant; with 87% learning something new about environmental sustainability, 95% intending to change their behaviour to be more environmentally friendly and 61% increasing their physically activity rates.
We are incredibly proud of the numbers we have engaged and the impact we have been able to achieve through Planet Earth Games – but we know we have the potential to do so much more.
With the Planet Earth Games platform, our reach and impact could be even more expansive, both nationally and internationally, inspiring more communities, schools and workplaces to lead active and sustainable lifestyles. Please give what you can at https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/p/planet-earth-games